Sunday Links & NYC Tobacco News
It seems to me that New York is trying to become the anti-smoking leader in the USA. I received yesterday and email from the New York Tobacconist Association about a meeting the New York State Senate Health Committee holding a public hearing on September 23 at 10 AM taking place 250 Broadway, 19th Fl., New York City. The Committee will meet to learn how the state’s regulation of smoking and tobacco products works to improve the health of all New Yorkers and any actions needed for continued benefits.
On the table are the following items:
- Smoking on playgrounds during the day when children under 12 present but prevents fineable/jail enforcement
- Smoking on train platforms
- Smoking near playgrounds
- Smoking in cars with someone under 14
- Raises age 18 to 19 for tobacco statewide
- Sale of e-cigarettes to minors
- Definition of e-cigarettes
- Prohibition of tobacco sales in pharmacies
- Prohibition of tobacco vending machines 350 feet from schools/places of worship
- Statewide flavor ban bills with the fines and complaint system in place (Paulin bill)
- Manufacturer reports to DoH
- Cigar Rants has an interview up with Michael Rosales owner of Adrian’s Cigars.
- Casas Fumando has a review of the CAO La Traviata Maduro.
- Cigar In Hand smokes a La Verite 2008 from Tatuaje.
- Stogie Review smokes the new Master from Carlos Torano.
- The Cigar Feed has a review with some great photos of the Viaje Fifty/Fifty.