I went down to Washington DC last week fresh off an asthma attack and suffering from allergies. While I came home on Saturday night, I had the full onslaught of chills, cough, fever, body aches and by Sunday morning the flu was in full effect. Needless to say this weekend I was off my game and in hindsight I should have sold my tickets. I did have a lot of fun though, especially at a dive bar after the event with some various twitter people, Matt Booth and Barry Blonder but we will leave that drunken debauchery for another time.. Here are some of the highlights…
- The event took place on the rooftop of the Charlie Palmer Steakhouse with stunning views of the US Capitol, Washington Monument and many other DC staples.
- The two day soiree raised money for three local academic scholarships, Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry Campaign and The House of Ruth.
- The cocktail hour was hosted by La Sirena Cigars and guests were given an A size smoke to start their evening.
- Rick Rodriquez from CAO (who hosted the recovery brunch) revealed to acigarsmoker.com that the next cigar from CAO will have a musical name and will bring the Nashville connection into the brand. He also revealed that in the next couple of years some of the lines that have become extinct in the CAO portfolio could be brought back into the mix.
- The event featured vendors set up at tables around the room as attendees worked their way around to get their smokes before dining on great food at carving stations in the center of the room.
- The views at night were enough to bring chills or was that the stiff 20MPH winds felt on the rooftop.
For the recap this event deserves check out the following posts on stogiereview.com from our friend Jerry Cruz:
- 12th Annual Little Puff Pictorial.
- 12thAnnual Little Puff Auction Footage.
- 3rd Annual Little Puff Recovery.
Below is some photos I took at the event, I hope to have the site back up and running to its fullest capacity by Monday. In the mean time, visit our fine sponsors and tell me what cigars you have bought lately that you want to see us review….